Find a career you can put your heart into in the Heart of Dixie! Dental assisting education in Alabama is available both online and in the traditional classroom setting. This means that you don’t have to be from Mobile, Montgomery, or Birmingham to ensure that you get a top of the line education! Browse the list of schools below and find the one that works best for you!
As an Alabama dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Alabama:
- Average annual salary: $29,090
- Currently employed: 2,850
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Alabama Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
At FORTIS, students are provided the skills and training needed to enter careers in industries that have employment opportunity over time. What industries you ask? FORTIS offers career education and training programs in the nursing, healthcare, medical, dental, business, information technology, skilled trades, massage and cosmetology career fields. That makes Fortis a post-secondary network of colleges and institutes with a wide variety of educational choices!