Find a career you can put your heart into in the Heart of Dixie! Dental assisting education in Alabama is available both online and in the traditional classroom setting. This means that you don’t have to be from Mobile, Montgomery, or Birmingham to ensure that you get a top of the line education! Browse the list of schools below and find the one that works best for you!
As an Alabama dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Alabama:
- Average annual salary: $29,090
- Currently employed: 2,850
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Alabama Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
- Fortis College - Montgomery
- Fortis Institute - Birmingham
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
Miller-Motte Technical College
At Miller-Motte, we focus on offering the latest courses, and we care about the personal success of each and every one of our students. Because the marketplace demands it, we offer degrees and diplomas leading to long-term sustainable careers for our grads.
Whether preparing to enter the professional world or expanding your skills, education should be available wherever, whenever. With Miller-Motte you can rely on challenging programs, interesting curriculum, and a friendly educational environment.
- Dental Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science