There’s never a shortage of movie stars seeking that perfect Hollywood smile out in LA. So what a better place to pursue a career in dental assisting than in California? But you certainly don’t have to be living in Los Angeles to be a dental assistant. Remember, California is a vast state stretching almost the entire coastline of the United States. So you can find a school that suits your needs down in San Diego or up in San Francisco and anywhere in between. When you factor in the potential for flexible online learning schedules you’ll find that there’s no reason not to begin learning the dental assisting trade, so start today!
As a California dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in California:
- Average annual salary: $35,290
- Currently employed: 44,410
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
California Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Find out where the future can take you with an outstanding college education. At Platt College, you’ll find the career-specific programs and training for the careers you really want. Come explore a variety of career paths that fit your lifestyle in a positive learning environment that combines real-world experience with small, private college instruction. Classes are conveniently scheduled during morning or evening hours to work around outside employment commitments. For working adults, Platt’s curriculum offers a way to continue earning a living while studying for a new career.
Pima Medical Institute
Find success with us at Pima Medical Institute!
For over 45 years, Pima Medical Institute has helped students change their lives, providing the training and education they need for careers in health care.
At Pima Medical Institute, we want you to succeed in the classroom and in your career. We are dedicated to providing you with quality education and hands-on experiences that help you become the type of medical professional who meets the expectations of today’s employers.
We offer certificate programs, associate degree programs and bachelor’s degree programs that fit your needs and your schedule. You can get the training you need to start your career in less than a year, earn your associate degree in less than two years, or take your career further by completing your bachelor’s degree
You’ll take classes taught by instructors who worked in the fields they teach. You’ll get real-world experience before you graduate through externships at some of the local community’s most notable medical facilities.
When you graduate, you may find that your education, experience and professionalism will be preferred to those of your peers.
At Pima Medical Institute, your success is our success. We support you every step of the way, with financial aid available to those who qualify and career planning services to help you get the job you want.
Programs vary by location.
For consumer information, please visit:http://pmi.edu/consumerinfo.aspx.
Pima Medical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. For more information on accreditation, licensing, and approval information please visit: http://pmi.edu/PMI-Today/About-Accreditation.
Career College of Northern Nevada
Invest in Your Life with CCNN
Career College of Northern Nevada will equip you with the training you need to succeed. Do you want to complete your diploma or degree program quickly? If so, CCNN is the place for you. We eliminate non-vocational training so you can stay focused on the core subjects that will matter to you in your career.
At CCNN, we prepare you for a real future. We know what employers want, and our hands-on training programs give you the confidence needed to show them that you’ve got it. You won’t leave CCNN with just the training theories. You’ll be fully qualified to land the job, keep the job and excel in the job.
- HVAC/R Service Technician – Train to install and maintain heating and cooling systems for residences and commercial businesses.
- Welding and Fabrication – Learn the primary functions of a successful welding and fabrication specialist
Associate of Occupational Studies Degrees:
- Health Information Management – Prepare to perform medical insurance management duties, which include billing, submitting denied claims for appeal, explaining insurance procedures, coverage and benefits to patients, and more.
- Medical Assisting – Train to complete clinical and administrative tasks for physicians and other health practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Information Technology Specialist – Acquire the skills needed to maximize the potential of modern businesses, with an emphasis in virtualization, iPhone, iPad and tablet integration, and cloud computing technologies.
- Industrial Electronics Technology – Learn to work with emerging engineering technologies, including robotics, hydraulics, fiber optics, smart home technology, security/surveillance systems, and more .
We offer convenient morning,afternoon and evening classes, as well as graduate placement services.Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and we are approved for Veteran’s Training.
Admissions hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-7p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday by appointment only
By filling out this form, you understand that Career College of Northern Nevada will utilize this information to contact you to provide more information about Career College of Northern Nevada by a variety of methods including phone (both mobile or home, dialed manually or automatically), email, mail, and text message.
Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC):
2101 Wilson Boulevard Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 247-4212 | www.accsc.org