It might be one of the smallest states in the Union but Connecticut still has plenty of opportunities for someone wanting to become a dental assistant. With schools all across the tiny state it doesn’t matter if you live in Hartford, Bridgeport or New Haven – there’s bound to be somewhere for you to learn. Take advantage of online learning and learn at your own pace in the comfort of your own home!
As a Connecticut dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Connecticut:
- Average annual salary: $40,180
- Currently employed: 3,760
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Connecticut Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now