It might be one of the smallest states in the Union but Connecticut still has plenty of opportunities for someone wanting to become a dental assistant. With schools all across the tiny state it doesn’t matter if you live in Hartford, Bridgeport or New Haven – there’s bound to be somewhere for you to learn. Take advantage of online learning and learn at your own pace in the comfort of your own home!
As a Connecticut dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Connecticut:
- Average annual salary: $40,180
- Currently employed: 3,760
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Connecticut Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW’s academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College’s technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.