Dental Assistant Schools in Hawaii
As the birthplace of President Barack Obama, its well accepted that despite it’s relative small size, big things can come from the 43rd largest state. So if you are in Hawaii and are thinking about pursuing a career in dental assisting, it’s time to say “Yes I can” and check out one of the fantastic schools listed below. With learning opportunities from Oahu to Honolulu as well as several online options you’re sure to find the learning plan that best suits your needs.
As a Hawaii dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Hawaii:
- Average annual salary: $30,540
- Currently employed: 1,630
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Heald College provides hands-on educational programs that can help students prepare for careers in healthcare, business, legal and technology. Heald takes a very personal approach to career education, offering small classes, intimate work groups and support systems designed to help students succeed both inside and outside the classroom. Even after students graduate, Heald provides career services assistance for life. We help locate employment opportunities anytime throughout our graduates’ careers. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. High school diploma or GED required.
- Dental Assisting