The Gem State can offer you a wealth of learning opportunities when it comes to becoming a dental assistant! With schools near major metropolitan areas like Boise or Idaho Falls you’re sure to find an accredited school near you to learn the trade. Can’t make it to a traditional classroom setting? That’s fine – we have plenty of online learning opportunities listed for you as well. So give it a shot!
As an Idaho dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Idaho:
- Average annual salary: $30,660
- Currently employed: 2,000
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Idaho Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now