The Land of Lincoln is a fantastic place to start planning your career in dental assisting. Illinois has plenty to offer in the realm of education – you’ll find excellent accredited schools everywhere from Chicago to Naperville and the Quad Cities. Learn in a traditional classroom setting or at home online – whatever works best for you!
As an Illinois dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $33,270
- Currently employed: 11,510
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.