And they’re off! No, we’re not talking the Kentucky Derby – we’re talking about the mad dash to become a dental assistant in Kentucky! The best part is that you don’t have to live in any of the major metropolitan areas like Louisville, Lexington or Bowling Green to find a great job. Dental assisting positions are in demand across the great state! No equestrian experience needed! Choose from either a traditional brick & mortar college classroom or learn online today!
As a Kentucky dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Kentucky:
- Average annual salary: $32,640
- Currently employed: 4,020
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Kentucky Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now