Are you a Marylander looking into a career in dental assisting? If so, look no further! Below we’ve compiled a list of excellent accredited institutions where you can become a dental assistant. With campuses in or around Baltimore or the DC Metro area and Annapolis you’re sure to find the learning experience that’s just right for you. There are also plenty of great online learning options as well.
As a Maryland dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Maryland:
- Average annual salary: $33,970
- Currently employed: 4,850
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maryland Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now