Are you a Marylander looking into a career in dental assisting? If so, look no further! Below we’ve compiled a list of excellent accredited institutions where you can become a dental assistant. With campuses in or around Baltimore or the DC Metro area and Annapolis you’re sure to find the learning experience that’s just right for you. There are also plenty of great online learning options as well.
As a Maryland dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Maryland:
- Average annual salary: $33,970
- Currently employed: 4,850
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maryland Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
All-State - Allied Health
All State was founded to provide you with the quality training necessary to meet your career objectives in many of the largest industries in the country ranging from Healthcare and trades to transportation. Many of the high demand industries have long recognized the need for professionally trained employees. By today’s rigid standards, the old “trial and error” and on-the-job training methods are unacceptable. There’s a better way!
All State is dedicated to preparing you to fill the employment opportunities available within many of these exciting industries. Our certification courses can prepare you for a lifetime of job security, stability, good income and benefits.
With All State you can achieve success. You can have a positive future, job satisfaction and financial freedom! It’s as simple as committing yourself to an education at All State Career School. We do more for you then just prepare you for a job. We want you to shine, so we give you critical career skills, confidence in your abilities and the extra boost of job placement assistance.
YTI Career Institute
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon-brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
- Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
- Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
- Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
- Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
- Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.