Are you a Marylander looking into a career in dental assisting? If so, look no further! Below we’ve compiled a list of excellent accredited institutions where you can become a dental assistant. With campuses in or around Baltimore or the DC Metro area and Annapolis you’re sure to find the learning experience that’s just right for you. There are also plenty of great online learning options as well.
As a Maryland dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Maryland:
- Average annual salary: $33,970
- Currently employed: 4,850
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maryland Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
YTI Career Institute
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon-brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
- Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
- Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
- Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
- Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
- Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
YTI Career Institute
YTI Career Institute’s industry-modeled curricula, qualified instructors direct from the field, and facilities that mirror the workplace are all designed to prepare graduates to begin careers with the skills and confidence to succeed. You can change your life, and we are here to help!