According to a recent study, St. Paul, MN is the number one city in the country for dentist visits (with Minneapolis following closely behind at spot number three). That means more people are going to the dentist in St. Paul than anywhere else in the United States. So what a better place to start you career in dental assisting than in one of the great schools listed below? Learn the trade in classrooms located everywhere from Minneapolis to St. Cloud or learn online at your convenience! You’re bound to find something worth smiling about.
As a Minnesota dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Minnesota:
- Average annual salary: $41,170
- Currently employed: 5,320
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Minnesota Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.