The Cornhuskers love to go to the dentist! That’s why Lincoln, NE is one of the top ten cities where the most people visited the dentist in one year. Pretty amazing stuff and definitely an encouraging sign for anyone considering becoming a dental assistant! Below we’ve compiled a list of accredited institutions from Omaha to the Tri-Cities where you can become a dental assistant. Don’t forget – you can also learn online at any number of great virtual schools as well! The choice is yours!
As a Nebraska dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Nebraska:
- Average annual salary: $29,980
- Currently employed: 1,960
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Nebraska Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.