Don’t gamble away your future – get an education today! If you’ve got an interest in becoming a dental assistant we’ve got a list of several excellent accredited schools where you can learn either in a traditional classroom setting or online! It doesn’t matter if you live in Las Vegas or Lake Tahoe; you have just as great of an opportunity to pursue your career in dental assisting regardless of where you live!
As a Nevada dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Nevada:
- Average annual salary: $32,670
- Currently employed: 2,680
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Nevada Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
PIMA Medical Institute
Find success with us at PIMA Medical Institute!
For 40 years, Pima Medical Institute has helped students change their lives, providing the training and education they need for careers in health care.
At Pima Medical Institute, we want you to succeed in the classroom and in your career. We are dedicated to providing you with quality education and hands-on experiences that help you become the type of medical professional who meets the expectations of today’s employers.
We offer certificate programs, associate degree programs and bachelor’s degree programs that fit your needs and your schedule. You can get the training you need to start your career in less than a year, earn your associate degree in less than two years, or take your career further by completing your bachelor’s degree.
You’ll take classes taught by instructors who worked in the fields they teach. You’ll get real-world experience before you graduate through externships at some of the local community’s most notable medical facilities.
When you graduate, you may find that your education, experience and professionalism will be preferred to those of your peers.
At Pima Medical Institute, your success is our success. We support you every step of the way, with financial aid available to those who qualify and career planning services to help you get the job you want
Programs vary by location.
Applicants for the Online Bachelor – Respiratory Therapy program must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and have completed a total of 71 semester credits of specific coursework at the post-secondary level by an accredited institution. Applicants must also be Registered Respiratory Therapists.
Pima Medical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. For more information on accreditation, licensing, and approval information please visit: http://pmi.edu/PMI-Today/About-Accreditation.
Career College of Northern Nevada
Invest in Your Life with CCNN
Career College of Northern Nevada will equip you with the training you need to succeed. Do you want to complete your diploma or degree program quickly? If so, CCNN is the place for you. We eliminate non-vocational training so you can stay focused on the core subjects that will matter to you in your career.
At CCNN, we prepare you for a real future. We know what employers want, and our hands-on training programs give you the confidence needed to show them that you’ve got it. You won’t leave CCNN with just the training theories. You’ll be fully qualified to land the job, keep the job and excel in the job.
- HVAC/R Service Technician – Train to install and maintain heating and cooling systems for residences and commercial businesses.
- Welding and Fabrication – Learn the primary functions of a successful welding and fabrication specialist
Associate of Occupational Studies Degrees:
- Health Information Management – Prepare to perform medical insurance management duties, which include billing, submitting denied claims for appeal, explaining insurance procedures, coverage and benefits to patients, and more.
- Medical Assisting – Train to complete clinical and administrative tasks for physicians and other health practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Information Technology Specialist – Acquire the skills needed to maximize the potential of modern businesses, with an emphasis in virtualization, iPhone, iPad and tablet integration, and cloud computing technologies.
- Industrial Electronics Technology – Learn to work with emerging engineering technologies, including robotics, hydraulics, fiber optics, smart home technology, security/surveillance systems, and more .
We offer convenient morning,afternoon and evening classes, as well as graduate placement services.Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and we are approved for Veteran’s Training.
Admissions hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-7p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday by appointment only
By filling out this form, you understand that Career College of Northern Nevada will utilize this information to contact you to provide more information about Career College of Northern Nevada by a variety of methods including phone (both mobile or home, dialed manually or automatically), email, mail, and text message.
Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC):
2101 Wilson Boulevard Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 247-4212 | www.accsc.org