If there’s one thing about living in the City that Never Sleeps is that you’ve always got to look your best and that includes having a winning smile. But you don’t have to live in Manhattan to value a healthy pair of chompers. Dental assistants can be found all over NY from Long Island to Brooklyn or Albany. Start your career today by choosing from any number of excellent accredited schools. Learn in person or online, the choice is yours but don’t miss out!
As a New York dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in New York:
- Average annual salary: $33,990
- Currently employed: 16,160
- Employment outlook: 29% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New York Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Are you looking for a faster way to enter a new career you’ll enjoy?
Get personalized hands-on training for a new career with FORTIS
Acquire new skills for careers that are in demand in today’s job market.
Many programs are designed so our students have the opportunity to complete their education and get into the market faster than they usually would in a four-year school or community college.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify, and our financial aid staff is here to help you learn all you need to know to apply.
Many programs offer day and evening programs, so you can pick the schedule that best fits your lifestyle.