Dental Assistant Schools in North Carolina
Raleigh, NC ranks as one of the Top 10 cities for dental visits as well as patients who floss regularly. So it’s clear to see that the Tar Heel state takes their dentistry pretty seriously. So why not join the ranks of thousands of other North Carolinians who have chosen the dental assisting profession? Learn in classrooms all across the state - from Charlotte to Durham. Or, if you’d like, you can learn online at your own convenience. Start your new career today!
As a North Carolina dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in North Carolina:
- Average annual salary: $35,920
- Currently employed: 8,390
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities provides postsecondary education programs that prepare students for careers in some of America’s fastest growing industries, including health care, business and technology. Everest takes a very personal approach to career education, offering small classes, intimate work groups and support systems designed to help students succeed both inside and outside the classroom. Even after students graduate, Everest’s Career Services department is there to provide ongoing career coaching and help locating local employment opportunities. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- Dental Assistant