Being the home of rock and roll, Ohioans know how to look cool. And there’s nothing cooler than having great teeth. So why not join a field that can help dentists across the Buckeye State deliver those winning smiles? Learn how to be a dental assistant in Cleveland, Dayton Columbus or any number of major cities across Ohio. Or, if you’d like, you can learn online from home!
As an Ohio dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Ohio:
- Average annual salary: $32,250
- Currently employed: 9,770
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ohio Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Every Heritage school (Heritage Institute & Heritage College) helps real people build real careers. Our schools offer programs and degrees for a career as an X-Ray Medical TechnicianÃÂ®, Medical Assistant, Massage Therapist, Esthetician, Surgical Technologist, Personal Trainer, Pharmacy Technician, or Cosmetologist. Please note that all programs may not be offered at all schools.
- Dental Assisting and Dental Radiology
We take YOU and your goals for success seriously at Beckfield College from the minute you first enter one of our campuses or online. We help you every step of the way, beginning with a personal interview, through financial aid, during your academic studies, and finally achieving career goals upon graduation. We get to know all of our students – by name, face and professional aspirations.
- Tri-County Cincinnati, OH Campus
- Diploma: Dental Assisting
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.
- Ashworth College
- Dental Assistant