Being the home of rock and roll, Ohioans know how to look cool. And there’s nothing cooler than having great teeth. So why not join a field that can help dentists across the Buckeye State deliver those winning smiles? Learn how to be a dental assistant in Cleveland, Dayton Columbus or any number of major cities across Ohio. Or, if you’d like, you can learn online from home!
As an Ohio dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Ohio:
- Average annual salary: $32,250
- Currently employed: 9,770
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ohio Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Every Heritage school (Heritage Institute & Heritage College) helps real people build real careers. Our schools offer programs and degrees for a career as an X-Ray Medical TechnicianÃÂ®, Medical Assistant, Massage Therapist, Esthetician, Surgical Technologist, Personal Trainer, Pharmacy Technician, or Cosmetologist. Please note that all programs may not be offered at all schools.
- Dental Assisting and Dental Radiology
At Kaplan College, we create programs with our students’ needs in mind. Our goal is to empower you with the real-world knowledge you need to succeed beyond the classroom. We offer a variety of programs at 40 campuses across 10 states in various degree levels to help train you for entry-level employment in a variety of rewarding careers.
- Dental Assistant