According to Men’s Health magazine, Tulsa has the third worst teeth in the entire country. Ouch! So why not join the fray and help fight the good fight? Bring bright winning smiles back to the Sooner State by becoming a dental assistant today! You’re sure to find a class room that fits your needs whether you live in Oklahoma City, Tulsa or just about anywhere across the great state of Oklahoma. Plus with convenient online learning options there’s really no reason not to start pursuing your dream of becoming a dental assistant today!
As an Oklahoma dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Oklahoma:
- Average annual salary: $29,800
- Currently employed: 3,680
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Oklahoma Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Platt College began as part of a proprietary institution in 1979 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and was known as one of the first business colleges west of the Mississippi. As we’ve evolved, we’ve continued to offer career training courses designed to satisfy the needs of the changing job market. At Platt College, we’re committed to providing career education that reflects the needs of today’s employers. Our career training programs in Healthcare, Culinary and Nursing are designed to satisfy the interests of our students with the goal to prepare them for their careers.
- Oklahoma City - Central
- Diploma - Dental Assistant