When you look at the beautiful surroundings and consider the state’s vast historical importance, it’s no wonder that Virginia is the state that both Thomas Jefferson and George Washington called home. It’s a state for important people doing important things. But you needn’t be a President to do great or important things in Virginia. You can help out your community and enrich your future by becoming a dental assistant! You can learn online or attend class at a campus nearby. Whether your live in Richmond or Arlington or anywhere else in the great state of Virginia you’re sure to be able to find an excellent education at of the fine schools listed below.
As a Virginia dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $35,660
- Currently employed: 7,710
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Virginia Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!