Do you live in or around our Nation’s Capital and are looking for a new field to study? How about becoming a dental assistant? Washington DC is a busy place to live so there are plenty of online education offers as well that are sure to fit anyone’s schedule. Browse the list of schools below and find the path that’s right for you.
As a Washington DC dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Washington DC:
- Average annual salary: $47,630
- Currently employed: 430
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington DC Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Are you looking for a faster way to enter a new career you’ll enjoy?
Get personalized hands-on training for a new career with FORTIS
Acquire new skills for careers that are in demand in today’s job market.
Many programs are designed so our students have the opportunity to complete their education and get into the market faster than they usually would in a four-year school or community college.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify, and our financial aid staff is here to help you learn all you need to know to apply.
Many programs offer day and evening programs, so you can pick the schedule that best fits your lifestyle.