Set your sights on an all new career in dental assisting! The times are changing and more and more dental assistants are learning their profession in colleges. So if you live in Washington and are interested in joining the field your best bet is to look into one of the schools listed below. Conveniently located near major metropolitan areas like Seattle, Spokane and Vancouver, there are plenty of excellent fully accredited institutions for you to choose from. Plus, for those on a restrictive schedule there are also online learning options available that make earning your dental assisting degree that much easier. Start today!
As a Washington dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Washington:
- Average annual salary: $38,220
- Currently employed: 9,690
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Everest College offers you hands-on career education in some of America’s most established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year (when progressing at a normal rate), allowing you to get the training you need and into the work force as quickly as possible.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find post-graduation employment opportunities in your area-a service you can access throughout your career.
- Everest is dedicated to your success today-and tomorrow!