Reach your top potential in the Mountain State! Dental assisting is a rewarding career for anyone with a passion for bringing smiles to faces. The industry is changing and more and more often employers are recruiting people who learned the trade in a college setting like any of the schools listed below. It doesn’t matter if you live in Charleston, Morgantown or Parkersburg – you can find a college near you or learn online at home!
As a West Virginia dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in West Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $25,500
- Currently employed: 1,390
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
West Virginia Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.