Sometimes the distance between where you are now and having a career you can really smile about can seem nearly endless. So what a better place to start your future in dental assisting than in the Grand Canyon State? Find a school that fits your needs in any one of Arizona’s fantastic cities from Phoenix to Tucson or Flagstaff. Thinking about spending a little time on the shores of Lake Havasu? Why not find a learning schedule that matches exactly what you need by enrolling in an online school! Browse the list of schools below and start bridging the gap to your future today.
As an Arizona dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Arizona:
- Average annual salary: $34,030
- Currently employed: 6,530
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.