Have you always had a passion for dental assisting but weren’t sure where to start? You might be surprised to find out that Arkansas has a wealth of accredited schools with excellent dental assisting programs. Whether you live in Little Rock or out in the Ozarks you’re sure to find a school near you where you can either learn online or in a traditional classroom setting. We’ve compiled some great schools below, check them out and start living out your dreams today!
As an Arkansas dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Arkansas:
- Average annual salary: $27,700
- Currently employed: 2,620
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.