The Land of Lincoln is a fantastic place to start planning your career in dental assisting. Illinois has plenty to offer in the realm of education – you’ll find excellent accredited schools everywhere from Chicago to Naperville and the Quad Cities. Learn in a traditional classroom setting or at home online – whatever works best for you!
As an Illinois dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $33,270
- Currently employed: 11,510
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.