Nashville, TN was voted the second best city in America for teeth. And why not? There’s so much to smile about – especially if you’re learning to become a dental assistant! Pick up your books and head on down to a classroom near you with locations in or around any major metropolitan area from Memphis to Knoxville. Can’t find a school that fits your needs? Learn online! The possibilities are wide open. So why not find an education that will keep you smiling?
As a Tennessee dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Tennessee:
- Average annual salary: $32,530
- Currently employed: 5,220
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.