Set your sights on an all new career in dental assisting! The times are changing and more and more dental assistants are learning their profession in colleges. So if you live in Washington and are interested in joining the field your best bet is to look into one of the schools listed below. Conveniently located near major metropolitan areas like Seattle, Spokane and Vancouver, there are plenty of excellent fully accredited institutions for you to choose from. Plus, for those on a restrictive schedule there are also online learning options available that make earning your dental assisting degree that much easier. Start today!
As a Washington dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Washington:
- Average annual salary: $38,220
- Currently employed: 9,690
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.