Reach your top potential in the Mountain State! Dental assisting is a rewarding career for anyone with a passion for bringing smiles to faces. The industry is changing and more and more often employers are recruiting people who learned the trade in a college setting like any of the schools listed below. It doesn’t matter if you live in Charleston, Morgantown or Parkersburg – you can find a college near you or learn online at home!
As a West Virginia dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in West Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $25,500
- Currently employed: 1,390
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.