Dental Assistant Schools in Iowa
From the Mississippi River to the Missouri River and everywhere in between, Iowa has some excellent dental assisting schools. So if you’re considering pursuing a career as a dental assistant, now is the time! Don’t wait! Seach for schools near you with campuses in and around cities like Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and Davenport or learn online at your own pace.
As an Iowan dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Iowa:
- Average annual salary: $33,900
- Currently employed: 2,730
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.