There’s a lot more to Kansas besides just cornfields and Taco Tico! Kansas is actually home to some amazing dental assistant schools. Whether you hail from Kansas City or Wichita or anywhere in between you’re sure to find the learning experience that’s just for you. Browse through our list below to find the best option for you. Learn dental assisting online or in the classroom – the choice is yours!
As a Kansas dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Kansas:
- Average annual salary: $32,210
- Currently employed: 3,050
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.