Being the home of rock and roll, Ohioans know how to look cool. And there’s nothing cooler than having great teeth. So why not join a field that can help dentists across the Buckeye State deliver those winning smiles? Learn how to be a dental assistant in Cleveland, Dayton Columbus or any number of major cities across Ohio. Or, if you’d like, you can learn online from home!
As an Ohio dental assistant, you will:
- Work closely with, and under the supervision, of a dentist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office and lab duties
- Gather and sterilize instruments
- Work with patients to take dental x-rays and process film
Some career figures for dental assistant professionals in Ohio:
- Average annual salary: $32,250
- Currently employed: 9,770
- Employment outlook: 36% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.